Are you passionate about the food industry? Are you a passionate learner who enjoys research? Would you like to have a closer idea on how food and beverage products are regulated? We’re looking for well organized, flexible thinking students who are passionate about food regulation and are willing to develop their critical and analyst skills over a summer placement.
• A 10-week summer placement opportunity which will provide an exposure to a multitude of exciting projects for the global food and beverage industry
• A dynamic and international team to work and learn from
• An open mind for new ideas
• Be studying towards a degree in Chemistry, Food bob下载地址 , Nutrition, Microbiology, Biology or Biotechnology
• Have strong GCSE and A levels
• Be fluent in either Thai, Vietnamese, Hebrew, Dutch, Danish or Swedish
• Have a keen interest in F&B regulatory affairs
• Demonstrate a proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
• Be enthusiastic to work within multidisciplinary teams and multi-task across projects.
• Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Have good writing skills
We are looking for exceptional, hard-working and well organized university students to join our regulatory team for a 10 week summer placement in 2020. If successful you will have the opportunity to work alongside our international team and gain insight into our regulatory services and the exciting challenges we work on. You will provide regulatory expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector. This is a unique opportunity to experience clients and understand the food manufacture lifecycle from concept to marketing. You will have an action packed induction week where you will be equipped with extensive regulatory knowledge that will help you along your way. As you will be learning to work independently you will need to be self-motivated with great time management skills.
Day in the life
As a summer student, you will have the opportunity to employ and improve your critical and analytical skills on one or more projects, simultaneously expanding your knowledge of food and beverage regulatory affairs. Projects often have tight deadlines, therefore you will be required to multitask, maintaining excellent quality, consistency and accuracy on the reports. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as artworks and formulations checks, food and beverage compliance assessments, development of a regulatory framework for products coming to a new market, among others.
In addition you will attend internal regulatory meetings which will give you exposure to the wider challenges of the industry.
You will be based at our Leatherhead Food Research office in Epsom, Surrey. During your time at our office your will enjoy a fast-paced environment and you will embark on a group challenge amongst other activities, network with other departments in the business and have the opportunity to hear about career journeys of some of our senior leaders.
The role will suit individuals who wish to advance their career prospects by picking up real world experience on regulatory affairs on a global food and beverage sector.